OK, stress is a given in today's environment, and some weather the strain better than others. But something's gotta give - long hours, inflexible jobs, commute time, housework, taking care of kids. Oh and what about the kid's schedules? We are literally driving ourselves into numbness. It's time to slow down and take a good hard look at what our choices are costing us. American's are the too muchers, too much money, too much work, too much cellular contract, too much spenders, too much road rage. All this "too much" is causing "too much" stress. Sue's 7 step stress plan will surely get you thinking, laughing and re-evaluating.
Flying by the Seat of your Pantyhose
Keynote ~ 45 minutes — 1.5 hours
~ Recognize the trends of our society
~ Learn the disastrous toll the mega stress exacts on our bodies
~ Learn quick, easy stress relieving tricks to put it all in
Sue’s Super Slick Solutions
for Snaring the Stress Monster
- Don’t make sleep a hobby.
- Get a headset for your phone
- Listen to books on tape
- Ask yourself: “Is what I’m doing moving me toward my goals?
- Put a dollar value on your time
- Watch TV selectively
- Actually use your TV recorder
- Read fun novels in-between serious stuff you have to read.
- Park your car in a getaway position
- Don’t drink martinis at lunch
- Make small decisions quickly
- Save gas and frustration, use the phone to make sure the store has what you are looking for-before you go.
- Buy groceries online or in bulk
- Make a list of all the stuff you need to buy and do it all at once.
- Plan what you are going to wear
- Delete your email ASAP
- Take a hot bath
- Spend time alone
- Pay bills on the internet
- Do your errands strategically
- Tidy your desk when you leave
- Stand up and do knee bends while on the phone
- Use the “lady bird” in traffic
- Move closer to work to avoid heavy commutes
- Use a tape recorder in the car for “important thoughts”
- Never go to the bank on payday
- Always carry something to read
- Avoid people who like to waste time
- Eat something good for you
- Get out of the FFH (fast food habit)
- Do laundry every 2 days
- Get up ½ an hour earlier and walk, its amazing how much extra stuff you will get done
- Cook big pots of spaghetti sauce and freeze it in containers.
- Just say no-quit pleasing everyone
- The phone is for your convenience-you don’t have to always answer it.
- Physical clutter, how many shampoo bottles do you really need?
- If you haven’t used it in a year, throw it away.
- When you shop ask yourself, do I really need this?
- Let go of negative thinking it contributes to stress.
- Eliminate worry-it’s not an action
- Vow to never hold a grudge. If you are holding one now, go to them and release them from the grudge.
- I recommend a lazy day-do nothing-no chores-nothing-unless this causes you more stressJ
- Be decisive-wishy washy causes stress.
- Say, “Get over it Nana”.
- Back up computer files every week.
- Chew bubble gum once in a while and blow bubbles
- Wear a clown nose while driving, don’t draw attention to yourself purposefully